Welcome to the IBIS-PH Community of Practice - Product Management Site
IBIS-PH Focus: IBIS-PH is website software that allows Health Practitioners access to Publicly Owned Health Indicator type data.
IBIS-PH stands for Indicator Based Information System for Public Health. IBIS-PH is a set of open source software that provides real time querying of SAS datasets, the centralized management of indicator profiles, as well as other content like health topics. This site provides access to all of the IBIS-PH work products. In general, the IBIS-PH Community of Practice consists of any organization or individual who is interested in the dissemination of data and information for public health assessment. Use of this site and/or the content contained within is subject to this disclaimer.
IBIS-PH Community of Practice Management
- -UPDATED- Community Conference Call Agenda lists items to be discussed on the monthly conference call.
- Schedule is a brief overview of the project activities for next few months.
- Community Efforts lists tasks that are being worked on by the community.
- Tickets are used to track enhancements, bugs, and tasks.
- -NEW- Defect Ticket Checklist general list of items to include when creating a defect/issue/bug type ticket.
- File Repository contains all the source code and other related work product files (SVN URL: http://www.ibisph.org/svn/main).
Resources / Help
- Wiki Pages Index lists all Trac wiki pages.
- How To Wiki Pages. This is an index of 'cookbook' type documents for states wishing to adopt the IBIS-PH software.
- How To Videos. This is an index of training videos.
- -NEW- Troubleshooting Help lists steps and items that an adopter needs to provide to the IBIS tech support.
- Discussion Forums. vBulletin is a web based application which allows individuals to share knowledge and ideas like dealing with health data, SAS programming, web development, and IBIS-PH application specific topics.
- System Documentation Website. This website provides detailed information about the software and includes how to install and support the applications, developer documentation, and content management user documentation.
- -UPDATED- Other Sites of Interest list of sites that provide similar access to their public health data or sites that have interesting technology.
Public Sites Using the IBIS-PH Software:
- Alaska's IBIS-PH Public Health Data Resource
- Arizona's Cancer Registry Query System
- Kentucy's KSPAN Secure Indicator-Based Injury Surveillance System
- NCHS Data Online Query System
- New Jersey State Health Assessment Data (NJ-SHAD)
- New Mexico's Indicator-based Information System for Public Health (NM-IBIS)
- North Carolina HealthStats
- United South & Eastern Tribes Data Portal
- Utah's EPHT Data Portal
- Utah's Indicator-based Information System for Public Health (IBIS-PH)
Agencies Adopting the IBIS-PH Software:
Agencies that Were Adopters or Spent Resources Investigating Adoption of the IBIS-PH Software:
- Massachusetts Department of Health
- Missouri Department of Health
- New York City Department of Health
- New York State Department of Health
- Washington D.C. Department of Health
About IBIS-PH and the Trac Application
This page is part of the IBIS-PH WIKI and is hosted within the "Trac" application. Listed below are some helpful Trac management links:
- TracAdmin -- Configure Trac for the IBIS-PH components, versions and milestones.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- Gayle P. Clement for graciously allowing us to use her "IBIS flock in flight" photo for the IBIS-PH CoP.
- The Utah Department of Health's IT group for supporting and hosting this site.